Saturday, January 28, 2006

To date her or not to date her - that is the question

hey, heard about you from s***

anyway, this really is something minor so I don't know if it's worth your time...There's a girl who wants to date me, she's made it very clear, but I'm not sure if I should. I'm not entirely convinced I like her in that way, but my head goes back and forth between thinking I really do like her and thinking that I shouldn't.

She had a rough breakup with a friend of mine a while ago, so it couldjust be a rebound. I think the main reason that I'm tempted to go forher is the interest she's been showing me. She calls every day and it's really nice talking to her. My last relationship ended because my girlfriend wouldn't talk to me much But yeah, any suggestions as to what I should do would be appreciated

thanks, M****

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hey M,

You should never, never, NEVER get into a relationship with someone unless you are 100% into it. For you to even question what you want from her and your currently relationship with her makes it clear to me that you are not totally 100% into her. This girl adores you, you enjoy talking on the phone with her it seems like the "relationship" you currently have with her is about a 20/80 split. She's more into you than you are - you just like talking on the phone with her.

Well honey, relationships involve a lot more than just talking on the phone.

Are you actually willing to date this girl who clearly cares for you a lot more than just friends and dump her if you find out you're not all that into her in the end? You'll crush her feelings! I'm sure you're a nice guy, and I am sure you don't want to hurt her so the best thing that you can do is tell her that you are only interested in her as a friend. She might be upset about it for a while, but believe me - she'll get over that faster than she will if you break up with her and tell her you weren't all that into her in the first place.

People tend to be drawn towards other people who will listen to them. I know myself when I meet a guy who actually listens and appears to be interested in what I have to say I'm immediately attracted to them. But if we always act upon these attractions we soon realize that the only thing that we were interested in was a lending ear.

Good luck with everthing, M - save yourself for someone who can offer you more than an ear,
Ashley

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger B said...

and how would your friend feel about you dating his ex-girlfriend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home